My watermelon poke is so tasty and you will be really surprised with the texture. Make sure you marinate the watermelon for a full day after baking, that way it gets packed full of flavour!
1 Medium sized Watermelon, seedless if possible, peeled & cubed
2 tsp Tahini
6 tbs cup Soy Sauce or Coconut Amino’s
2 tbs Rice Vinegar
Juice 1/2 Lime
1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
1 cloves Garlic
1 tbs Sriracha
Thumb Sized Piece Ginger
2 Spring Onions/Scallions
3 tbs Sesame Oil
2 tsp Sea Salt
Drizzle of Lime Juice
MethodWatch Tutorial Video
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Add the cubed watermelon to 2 non stick baking trays.
- Blitz the marinade ingredients until smooth, pour half of the marinade over the water melon & give the trays a toss, making sure the water melon cubes are coated.
- Place the watermelon into the oven for around 45 minutes. Stir the trays half way through cooking.
- Once cooked add the watermelon to a mixing bowl with the rest of the marinade, stir well then cover the bowl & place it into the fridge to marinade for at least 1 day.
- After marinading, serve your watermelon poke chilled with sushi rice & the rest of the garnishes.